Sunday 5 November 2017

November at Stamping Sensations

Good morning, It's time for a new challenge at Stamping Sensations and this month we are looking for

********One Layer Christmas Cards********
By one layer we mean your artwork must be stamped directly onto the base card, definitely no matting and layering. 
I've gone for a CAS design on both my cards. I started by laying a strip of masking tape across the card. I then stamped and dusted a little ink either side of it. On the first card I used Inkylicious Berry Branches and added 4 colours of liquid pearls and glitter glue. Once the tape was removed I stamped the Inkylicious sentiment along the space.
My second card is a very similar design using stamps from the Inkylicious winter spruce set. These cards take about 5 minutes to stamp and about 20 to dry, lol!
Please can I remind you we are a stamping challenge so must see a stamped image, sentiment or quote as the focal element of your artwork , this means:

Stamping must be the central point of attention and interest


On to our prize and this month. We have a super Tote Bag collection from Tattered Lace plus another small prize from them for a second winner.

Do pop over to the challenge blog and take a look at all the gorgeous creations from my multi talented teamies, and I look forward to visiting your great entries!
Thanks for looking! 

14 comments:

brenda said...

Two perfect examples of one layer cards Sally and the use of stickles and pearls really adds a lift and draws the eye.

Have a good Sunday.

B x

pinky said...

I just love these two cards Sally, the little pops of colour just set them both off.

Helen said...

Wow, Sally! what gorgeous cards!!

Linby said...

Two lovely designs, so effective. I think my fav is the first one because of the sparkle from the pearls.

Marlies said...

Two gorgeous cards Sally! I love the design. You have used lovely stamps and the stickles and liquid pearls have a great effect. Both very elegant! Marlies

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Two lovely cards Sally and both so different. These would be great designs to use if you have a lot of cards to make. The masking tape really does give a great effect and I love the stamps that you’ve used. Crafty hugs, Sandra x

Maria - Ivyleaf Crafts said...

Two great cards I like the stamps you have used xx

Joan said...

Two lovely cards Sally, I like your use of perfect pearls on the berries

Joan x

cuilliesocks said...

Sally your carda are amazingly gorgeous, love the stamps you used to create the design, such prety colours too, Kate x

Viv said...

Great cards - the perfect pearls on the berries really make them stand out and lift the card - I love the pine cone one especially though. Don't be surprised if you see a CASe on my blog at some point!!!

Tracy said...

Sally I find these cards so inspiring, very effective and elegant, I really need to try this technique. Hope you don't mind me using your inspiration.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Dora said...

Two beautiful card, beautiful stamping too. and so nice that drops on both cards. Elegant!!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! What wonderful results you get with your stamping, Fabulous cards.
Faith
x

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what amazing cards! They both look so elegant and the way you have used the liquid pearls and glitter glues is stunning 😁. Wishing you a Happy November! J 😊